Sunday, June 22, 2014

RV = Repair Vehicle

We are currently in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and will leave tomorrow (Sunday) to backtrack to Grande Prairie, Alberta. I'm really not fond of going back, but our bedroom slide will not extend and sleeping  in the fetal position is not my idea of fun.
 
Due to the lack of good WiFi, I'm a bit behind with blog posts. I know! I know! What's new? So, here goes.
 
Like I said, we are in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and have been here for two days. Dawson Creek is the beginning of the Alaska Highway and has a marker for "Milepost 0" in the downtown business area. Dawson Creek is just a nice little town surrounded by some of the greenest countryside you would ever want to see. Long green vistas are the order of the day. Looking across a valley you can literally see for miles across seas of green.

Dawson Creek's main claim to fame!
This metal statue which stands in the middle of a traffic circle is pointing the way to Alaska.
 
This is the famous Milepost Zero of the Alaska Highway which was a joint venture of the US and Canada during WWII. The story is to long to tell here but a Google search will show you what an amazing feat it was.
 
 
 
 
 







Make this a must stop while in Dawson Creek. We got a lovely loaf of bread that was still warm. Glad I brought my larger pants with us.
If you visit Dawson Creek, Make sure to go by the Old Fashioned Bakery which is near the Dawson Creek Art Gallery. Superb baked goods.

No comments: