Sunday, June 15, 2008

Surf Fishing

Surf fishing seems to be the recreational choice for many people around the outer banks so I thought that I would try my hand. The other night, while feeding bait to various fish, I was joined by two of the interns and we all proceeded to feed the fish. All that I have caught so far has been a number of small black tipped sharks which is fun, but not the purpose of the exercise.
Sooner or latter, I will catch something edible and we will enjoy a fine meal of fresh fish. As inexpensive as seafood is here and the high cost of fishing tackle, I would probably save money by continuing to buy seafood. So far we have had oysters, mahi mahi, shrimp, grouper and Abbie our volunteer coordinator brought some tuna steaks caught on her husband's boat the PHIDEAUX.


Yep, This is a tough life.

No comments: